MY CREED FOR PARENTS

I BELIEVE THAT PARENTS OUGHT TO TRY AND MAKE SACRIFICES JUDICIOUSLY IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION SO THAT ONE WON'T START DOING GEN EDITING IN THE NAME OF TRAINING. THE EDITING BEGINS WITH YOU. YOU CAN'T BEHAVE IRRESPONSIBLY AND EXPECT A RESPONSIBLE AND PEACEFUL HOME.

PARENTS DON'T NEED TO BE JEALOUS OF THEIR CHILD BUT OUGHT TO GUIDE AND ENCOURAGE THE TALENT'S IN THEM.

I BELIEVE THAT SEX IN MARRIAGE IS NOT ON THE JOB EMPLOYMENT. YOU WILL END UP HAVING A COMMUNITY-BASED FAMILY WITH LITTLE OR NO RESOURCES TO TRAIN THEM IN THE REAL SENSE.

I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU ARE A POLITICIAN THAT IS VIOLENCE BASED, DO NOT EXPECT TO HAVE A MARTIN LUTHER KING JR OR ABRAHAM LINCOLN AFTER TRAINING MACHIAVELLI 'S, AND HITLER 'S

FOR THOSE WHO SMOKE IRRATIONALLY, DON'T BE SURPRISED HEARING THAT YOUR CHILD IS IN CHARGE OF A NARCOTIC UNIT SOMEWHERE.

WHILE WOMANISING OR MANISING IS YOUR ADDED VALUE, DON'T BE SURPRISE IF YOUR CHILD PRIORITISE IT IN HIS OR HER VALUE SYSTEM.

DO NOT THINK LIVING A DIABOLIC BASED LIFE IS THE BEST. DO NOT BE SURPRISED HAVING AN EDEE NANOGU IN A TECHNOLOGICAL AGE.

I BELIEVE THE PARENTS SHOULD BE TRUE MORAL AGENTS THAN MISGUIDING AGENTS TO THEIR KIND.

I BELIEVE THAT SCHOOLING IS NOT THE ONLY DEFINING FACTOR BUT EDUCATION.

I BELIEVE THAT WHAT CHILDREN LEARN FROM THEIR PARENTS ALWAYS STAY WITH THEM. THE HISTORY OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE STARTS WHEN THE MAN BEGINS TO BEAT THE WIFE BEFORE THE CHILDREN AS THE WIFE THINKS THAT SMARTNESS IS WHEN YOU BEGIN TO ROBE SHOULDERS WITH YOUR HUSBAND BEFORE YOUR KIDS. PARENTS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF BED AS NOT JUST A SEX AGORA BUT A PEACE RESOLVING CITADEL.

I BELIEVE THAT PARENTAL NOTION OF LOVE SHOULD BE THE TRUE ONE. LOVE IS NOT TEACHING CHILDREN ON HOW TO HATE THOSE YOU HAVE DISPUTE WITH.

MY FEAR IS THAT WE ARE GRADUALLY PRODUCING A BAD COOKING GENERATION. MOTHERS NO LONGER TAKE THEIR DAUGHTERS TO KITCHEN AS SOMETHING THAT IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS HUMAN LIFE IS CAUSING MOTHERS TO PREPARE CONCUSSION IN THE NAME OF FOOD. NATURAL FOOD IS PART OF THE GREEN ENERGY.

I BELIEVE THAT AS A RELIGIOUS BEING PARENTS MUST TEACH CHILDREN THE IDEAL RESPECT TO GOD. SO THAT THEY DON'T HEAD TO FIELD WHEN THE PARENTS ARE IN THEIR WORSHIP PLACE.

OSINAKACHI AKUMA KALU
Sunday 24th February 2019
3:59 pm
The Creed's Inspiration came after reading Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's post concerning the Nigeria 2019 presidential election after visiting her parents who are both Professors.

You need to be a member of Fearlessness Movement to add comments!

Join Fearlessness Movement

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can you add the link to the inspiratoin blog you refer to.

Also curious who the elders are in your photo?

Best,

Barbara

• It's not a blog. Just a Facebook post of few lines about the Saturday election. My interest is how the parent's train produced a figure like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. 

On the middle is the two times minister of finance of Nigeria (Ngozi Okonjo Iweala) who occupied a top position in the World Bank. Currently BBC interviewed her on the possibility of being the Manager of World Bank post.

The two persons beside her are her parents who are both Professors.

• I asked OAK for clarification, and he responded: "I am positive about how the parents of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala trained their children. Like you pointed out, it is not the basis of my writeup but just part of the motivations. I am of the position that, the societal decay is hugely caused by parents." 

I suppose at some level it is appropriate of youth (like OAK, or like myself when I was his age) to look for primary causation to the preceeding generation(s)... that's a logical deduction to make, that in some ways the prior generations left the young with a 'mess' of a world and they don't seem to be stepping up to that responsibility to model a better way to be, both internally and externally. Then, as true as that is, and acknowledging their 'agency' in development, we also know that they (the parents, the prior generations) are severely hampered by larger socioeconomic and political systems that have effectively (unfortunately) oppressed the 'best' nature of humans in prior generations. This challenge: to be compassionate with the elders, adults and to hold them responsible for what youth have been left with. No easy solution.  

• Thanks for your constructive criticism. But I hold on to the creed for the following existential reasons:

1. Existence proceeds the essence of our being. The is to say, we define what we want.

2. Circumstances shouldn't as such define our existence. All humans should be assertive and plan for the best. We all wish for the best but planning becomes a problem.

3. Parents should try and understand reality and set good example for their parents.

4. All I have written is not devoid of 'facticity', it is not a dogman but a guide to parents in potency and actuality.

5. As Martin Heidegger puts it, "we are in the world but in our own world". That is to say, it behooves on us to shape our world to determine how it will look like. We are the artist or vanguards of our life to a greater extent. 

Thus, the Creed didn't commit fallacy of hastily generalisation or fallacy of composition. It is just a road map.

This reply was deleted.